Thursday, July 8, 2010

McKenzie Jayden is HERE!!! June 30th

Well sorry it has taken so long!  It has been kind of crazy here.  McKenzie was born on June 30th 2010 by inducement.  We went in at 7 in the morning and they had meds hooked up and my water broken by 7:35am.  Things went a lot faster then what the nurse and I thought they would.  I was having lower back pain and they checked me and I was 8 already and so I rolled to my side to get Kyle to help with the back pain during contractions and another nurse checked me not five mins later and said I was 10 and ready to have the baby!  I had to wait for a doctor to get there because my doctor wasn't there and wouldn't make it in time, the doctor that was going to deliver me was doing a c-section and so another doctor had to be found.  So I had to wait through about five contractions before the doctor got there.  The doctor got there and not even three pushes later McKenzie Jayden Matus was born at 12:09!  We are so excited to have her here and healthy!  We got to leave the hospital the next day with her and go home, which was so nice.  Meme stayed until I came home to help out with the boys and my parents stayed until Sunday morning early.  It was sad to see them both go, but we really needed the help and are very thankful to have had them all here!  McKenzie is doing good.  She has been on the lights and was just taken off of them and doing fine.  Both the boys had to do it too, so we were pretty sure she would have to also.  The lights aren't bad, it is all the run around that we have to do to get her blood tested every day.  It is so hard to watch them do that to your kids.  Well McKenzie was 7 pounds even and 19 inches long.  She has black hair which is kind of funny since the boys all had light hair.  She is so tiny and doesn't even fit into her clothes that we have for her. lol.  Even the newborn clothes that we have for her are big! lol.  We feel so blessed to have her here at last and that she is healthy!  Here are some pictures of her.














1 comment: